Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Blessing of Travel

I love to travel. And as a citizen of the United States, it is easy to take the privlege of travel for granted. The majority of the world does not have such a privlege, and there's nothing fair about it! I am so blessed to have traveled as much as I have. It's always so eye-opening and educational and fun to experience a new culture and place and people and food, etc. My friends and I are determined to do our best to not miss out on the chance to visit and know a few new places on this vast planet. Before we head back to the States, the other interns and I have quite the travel itinerary ahead. We spent the last weekend in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua, we leave tomorrow for the Carribean coast of Costa Rica, and then we plan to cross the Panamanean border before heading back to Atenas in order to visit the Bocas el Toro islands. Only two weekends remain after that, which may include visiting another beach town in Costa Rica and/or returning to Tuis to visit the dear friends we met at language school. So exciting!

While it will be difficult to sum up all of these destinations in words, I will at least do my best to provide for you a photo journal of our travels. So please check out my Online Photo Album page (link to the left) to view pics from Nicaragua, and check back often for new additions!

No comments: